1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - Ipswich
About the School and the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Teaching Assistant with experience working with children with SEN. Any experience working with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties will be advantageous. If you are looking for work in the Ipswich area and would like to make a positive difference to children's lives then we would love to hear from you.
- We are looking for a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a mainstream primary school near Ipswich with students with a range of SEND.
- This is initially for supply but could lead to something longer term for the right candidate.
Contract Details for the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Location - Ipswich
- Position - 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Supporting students with SEN
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - Temporary, ongoing
- Full time/part time - Full time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay - £65 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications for the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Previous Teaching Assistant experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour would be advantageous, however not essential.
- A passion for working with children with SEN.
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
To be eligible for the 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant role through Prospero Teaching you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. We will require you to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.