TECHNICAL DOCUMENT WRITER (£26.00 LTD -Inside IR35 - Can operate PAYE/umbrella from Apr 21)
Morson are currently recruiting for an experience technical documentation writer/author with experience maintainng and producing user documentation. Defence/commercial experience is desirable.
* To support the gathering and organisation of information to support the writing of technical bids
* Determine the needs of users of technical documentation
* Work with technical staff to make products and instructions easier to use
* Write or revise supporting content for products
* Collect user feedback to update and improve content
* Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users' understanding of the material
* Prepare materials to aid communication to customer and internally - product descriptions, flyers and any other communique
* Improve reporting delivered to internal and external customers
Key Responsibility Areas
* Produce well written documentation with the support of the engineering community
* Own compilation of documentation sets
* Understanding and use of company standards and toolsets to facilitate the generation of information
* Facilitate best practise in effective written communication
* Preparing and maintaining documentation in support of Project delivery milestones.
* Ensuring the content, style, accuracy, completeness and configuration management of the documentation and their compliance to the applicable standards.
* Liaising with other sites, customers and partners including if needs be travelling to other UK sites.
* Monitoring, recording and reporting work progress to ensure efficient execution of the tasks on time and within budget.
Essential Skills for the role:
* Ability to explain concepts clearly
* Attention to detail
* Written Communication
* Planning and organisation
* Knowledge of software and computers
* Interest in Technology
* Ability to work under pressure
* Managing tasks to time and budget
* Self-motivated and organised individual.
Your skills, experience and qualifications:
* Previous experience in the production and maintenance of user documentation ideally both in a military and a commercial environment
If this position is of interest, please apply or ask for Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516.