Principal / Lead EC&I Engineer (Contract) - Warrington
Our client requires a Principle/ Lead EC&I Engineer on contract to be based out of their Warrington design office working on Nuclear Projects.Job Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the EC&I Discipline Lead our client is looking for a Principal EC&I Engineer / Lead Engineer who will be required to support the delivery of the remaining EC&I scope across all packages of work and be able to deputise for the Discipline Lead when required.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable engineering experience, be confident in their own ability to lead and deliver the EC&I scope on a project. Experience leading teams will be beneficial.
Previous experience of working within existing Sellafield plants / brown field sites is important, but not essential.The candidate should have at least 2 year's experience in a similar role, and should be an Incorporated/Chartered Engineer, or working towards gaining professional status. They should be able to demonstrate the following competencies -:
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Can produce and maintain key deliverable documents/reports, calculations, schedules, drawings etc. to programme and appropriate quality.
- Can liaise and coordinate with other design disciplines and plant engineering in the preliminary/detail design process.
- Can deputise for the EC&I Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Experience and ability to guide younger / less experienced engineers.
- Experience in managing a team of EC&I design staff.
- Experience in checking design deliverables.
- Familiarity in using typical project metrics to evaluate and report design progress.
- Can support the EC&I design team in meetings and reviews.
- Is conversant with existing CAE tools (e.g. Auto CAD, AVEVA E&I, PDMS)
HNC or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Basic Clearance required
P1 preferential but not necessary. There will be a requirement for a P1 passDuration
£40.00 per hour - due to this role being deemed to be inside of scope we are only able to facilitate it on a PAYE basis only and not a Limited company format.Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.