Team LeaderGelli Aur Care Ltd
has a new, exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team.
Working as part of a team, you will be working with individuals between the ages of 18 and 64 years who have learning disabilities, may be on the Autistic spectrum, may have a co-existing mental health problem and/or behaviours which may be perceived as challenging.
We are looking for an individual to join our team on a full time, permanent basis working between 40 and 48 hours per week. This post requires individuals to work various shifts, including weekends with an element of office based tasks providing support to the Management Team.
Experience in a Senior Support role or a Supervisory role will be advantageous but not necessary. A genuine interest in the Health and Social Care sector is essential. A level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable, however, the post holder can work towards a relevant qualification if it is not currently possessed.
Your role will be to offer individuals support in day to day activities to achieve their maximum potential and to live as independently as possible. To provide the highest quality of care and support to all residents ensuring that they are supported in achieving their aims, goals, and ambitions.
You will need to have a friendly personality and have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. You will need to be adaptable and willing to learn as every day is different here, new challenges may present themselves, so you'll need to be a brilliant problem solver. Teamwork is important to us, our team is welcoming and friendly!
The post holder will also be required to support colleagues acting as a positive role model providing advice and guidance and maintain an effective communication link between Support Staff and Senior Staff.
We provide a comprehensive induction and offer essential training on all aspects of the role to all staff. You'll also have the opportunity to study and gain accredited qualifications alongside work, free of charge!
You will need to be a driver over the age of 21 with a clean license in order to drive the company and resident cars. If you are under 21 with a driving license and a vehicle of your own, mileage will be paid. It is imperative that you're able to use your own vehicle to get to Gelli Aur Care as we are not on a public transport route.
You will be required to:
- You will take responsibility for supporting individuals:
- To actively participate in the home including domestic tasks,
- To develop and support Residents in the participation of meaningful activities,
- To lead healthy lifestyle and promote good health,
- To develop and maintain personal friendships and relationships
- In completing personal care routine
As an employer we will provide the following -
- Demonstrate the ability to develop individual's basic life skills,
- Promote independence
- Support individuals within the community
- Deliver person-centred support
- Undertake recreational activities including hobbies, holidays etc. Undertake personal care on a regular basis (including toileting, bathing, dressing, and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity, and respect of individuals)
- Observe staff to ensure their performance is of a high standard and provide appropriate feedback to staff and Manager on an on-going basis
- Ensure procedures are carried out by support staff on a daily basis by conducting thorough monitoring checks.
- Conduct and record wellbeing and feedback meetings with staff and residents when required.
- Support management in co-ordination and implementation of policies and procedures
- Attend meetings with Manager and Deputy Manager on a regular basis
- Promote positively person-centred care, organisational policies, and procedures etc to support staff.
- Member of on-call group as and when required
We also offer the following benefits -
- Workplace Pension with a generous employer contribution.
- Family Friendly Policies.
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement.
- Enhanced Induction Programme.
- Opportunity to gain certificates and qualifications (First Aid at Work, Conflict Management, Food Hygiene, NVQ/QCF etc) with full support from our in-house Training Officer. This is free of charge!
- Free DBS check and Certificate.
- Wellbeing Support, Guidance and Advice for all employees.
- Guaranteed Hours and a Permanent Contract
- Progression and Development Opportunities.
- Free On-Site Parking
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- Training Allowance (Up to 37.5 Hours per year - pro-rata.)
- Casual dress code.
- Free Membership to Blue Light Card - which offers great discounts across High Street and Online Retailers, Food and Drink, Health and Wellbeing Services, Holidays, Cinema Tickets, and plenty more!
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with your Indeed CV and include a short Covering Letter explaining why you will be a good fit for the team.
We are looking to interview applicants as soon as possible so please apply today if you are interested!Job Types:
Up to £10.00 per hourCOVID-19 considerations:
To keep our staff and residents safe, telephone interviews may be conducted to minimise contact. If you are shortlisted, a socially distanced visit and interview can be arranged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90994754