Due to increased workload, a manufacturing company in Newport are recruiting for a Management Accountant. Joining a small finance team and reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information and overseeing the day-to-day performance of the team.
The company has sites across the UK with Newport being the Head Office and centre of operations. Due to the nature of the role, applicants will have experience of working in the manufacturing sector.
Management Accountant duties
- Provide management information and financial reports on business performance.
- Product month and year end accounts.
- Involvement in and eventual responsibility for budgeting and forecasting.
- Produce P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Work with payroll department to product headcount and expense reports.
- Oversee a small finance team.
Management Accountant person specification
- Part or qualified Accountant.
- Demonstrable experience as a Management Accountant with manufacturing sector exposure (Desirable).
- Knowledge of accounting software, ideally Sage.
- Strong excel ability.
- Confident communicator.
This role is available on a temporary to permanent basis with an immediate start.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable be sure to make use of our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are based in Cardiff and acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.