Job Title: Network Engineer - start on BPSS but will get SC cleared in the role.
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £44.50 (Umbrella/Ltd)
Are you a Network Engineer with experience installing and configuring Layer 2 switched networks and Layer 3 routed networks? Can you configure and support VRF, L2TP, GRE, and VSS technologies? Have you ever worked on secure defence projects or would you like the opportunity to do so and gain SC clearance while working in the role?
If so I'd like to hear from you as I'm recruiting for Network Engineers who, using their knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP) can produce technical artefacts and implement core Physical and Virtual networking components to support the backbone of some defence platforms.
Experience of Virtual Private Networking including IP Security and the provisioning of PKI Certification Authorities is also sought.
Any prior experience with the Atlassian toolset and working in an Agile development environment would be beneficial though not essential.
Typical Responsibilities include
* Building and configuring technical solutions of networked hardware and software.
* Integration of COTS hardware and software.
* Adherence to systems engineering practices.
* Fault finding and resolution of issues in a production environment to a successful conclusion.
* Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
* Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
* Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
* Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
Submit your CV now to join a leading defence systems organisation on the south coast.
Job REF# 835799
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.