Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Permanent, full time, 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
£22,763 per annum
Committed to delivering the highest levels of customer experience, our client provides a comprehensive range of services to over 6,000 homes. With their aim to be the best rural housing association in the country, they are looking for great people to join the team.
They rely on great people to make the biggest impact on their communities. If you enjoy a challenge and have a passion for delivering an excellent customer-focused service, you're right for them..
About the role
Working with the legal team, you will assist our Solicitors in the delivery of customer-focused services to the group, particularly in the areas of property and conveyancing, as well as in housing law and other legal services.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Senior Solicitor and the Solicitor in the work of the legal team.
- Assisting with conveyancing, including Right to Buy, Right to Acquire, shared equity and other miscellaneous sales, as well as the acquisition of land and property.
- Providing administrative assistance for other governance and company secretarial issues.
- Responding to queries on routine boundary and land ownership matters.
- Assisting with instructing and liaising with external law firms.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of property law and conveyancing processes
- Knowledge of contracts and other legal documents.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload and meet performance targets.
- The ability to understand and process legal documents and other legal materials.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
An understanding of social housing issues in a regulatory environment would be ideal but is not essential.
The office base is Northallerton but you will be required to work from home.
Our client is an equal opportunities and disability confident employer who welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community, and they encourage applications from people who are underrepresented in areas of the organisation.