The future grows in the forest. Grow with us!
Your future challenge
Iggesund Paperboard is a Swedish company and a member of the Holmen Group. The Workington Mill produces premium paperboard under the brand Incada. Our paperboard is an integral part of the shopping experience for our clients' customers. Since 2013, we have powered the mill almost entirely by fossil fuel free energy. We value our employees and products highly. Today we are approximately 320 co-workers. Our integrated pulp and paperboard mill is located to the west of the beautiful Lake District in the north of England.
Due to new capital investment at our Workington Mill, and to ensure strong succession for the future, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Automation Engineer to join us.
You must possess strong PLC and DCS skills to be considered for this challenging and exciting role.
Reporting to the Automation Team Leader, you will be responsible for delivering and developing asset category management roadmap(s), supporting the planning and scheduling process and the overall mill reliability programme with a structured and sustainable approach. You will also:
- Identify and implement solutions for automation asset categories to address obsolescence and improve the management of spare parts, competence and suppliers
- Support planning and scheduling of preventative maintenance and technical assistance for Craft and hands on fault finding using PLC/DCS systems
- Corrective maintenance within the E/I area
- Support criticality analysis, maintenance strategy and equipment failure analysis
- Demonstrate a structured approach to leadership and organisational development
- Work closely with engineering, contractors, specialists and suppliers
To apply for this role, you will need:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship
- To be educated to HNC level (or equivalent in a technical discipline)
It is also desired that you would possess:
- An excellent knowledge in maintenance and project engineering/management
- Appropriate training in both leadership and organisational development
- Appropriate training in Health and Safety
We offer you:
- A competitive salary DOE
- Contributory pension plan
- 33 days' annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) and the option to buy additional holidays
- Life assurance
- Private health scheme
- A range of benefits to support your health and wellbeing
- On-site staff canteen
Holmen is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
We are devoted and committed to developing our teams and ensuring that our staff have the courage, commitment and responsibility to perform at their best. We provide significant resources to enable you to achieve your potential and expect our staff to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
If you're looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and make a positive impact with a pioneering customer orientated business, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please select the apply button shown. The closing date for applications is the 23rd October 2020.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Process Automation Engineer, Production Automation Engineer, Manufacturing Automation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, or Engineer.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm