Robert Half have been retained by a world leading supplier of state-of-the-art engineering design and service products to recruit an Assistant IT Manager
. This role will be based out of the European Head office in Dudley, West Midlands.
This is a newly created position to help implement and support the businesses technology roadmap to help them to achieve their exciting growth plans.Key Responsibilities of the Assistant IT Manager role:
You will report to the European IT Manager, and this position will encompass a number of key areas:
Key Skills of the role:
- Server and user administration, active directory and Microsoft Office 365.
- Server operations including performance management backup and restore, Disaster Recovery, VMware and Hyper-V virtual server management, and Meraki Firewall, WiFi & Network switch configuration.
- Manage communications solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, intranet, and internet applications.
- Implement and maintain file and user security, permissions and antivirus tools in line with policy.
- End user support, which involves helping to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues on all systems.
- Monitor and maintain Encryption systems including Bitlocker and other propriety products.
- Support and administration of SharePoint.
- Perform hardware and software audits together with maintaining asset registers.
- Support company phone and mobile phone systems.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to provide additional external support and services.
- Document policies and procedures for system administration.
- System specifications and end user documentation.
- IT Industry Certifications are advantageous (e.g. CSA, MCSE, Network+, ITIL, Security+, CEH)
- 4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and desktop systems (Windows 10), Active Directory, MS Office 365, Sharepoint, and Encryption.
- Experience of Wordpress would be advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of IT policies and standards.
- Extremely good communicator at all levels.
- Salary: £50,000-55,000 pa dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexibility to work from home or their COVID compliant office
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training .
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.