Great opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join an interesting and varied organisation. You will be working with a fantastic FC who you can learn from and develop your career.
- To ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to all elements of the business.
- To ensure effective Budgetary Control.
- To optimise existing processes and maintain Balance Sheet integrity.
The position reports to the Financial Controller, interfacing regularly with the senior management team.Job Purpose:
Working in a small team of experienced individuals and reporting into a supportive Financial Controller, this is an ideal role for someone who has proven experience in management accounts and wants to progress their career. This hands-on role will involve liaising with senior management, being proactive in optimising existing processes and delivering reliable and timely financial information.Responsibilities:
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts, forecasts and variance analysis in line with defined timescales.
- Preparing and reconciling balance sheet control accounts.
- Assisting in the production of year-end statutory accounts.
- Review of daily KPI's prior to circulation.
- Processing of journals including calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor and maintain the Fixed Asset register.
- Oversee the Stock Control process.
- Process Payroll and Pension payments ensuring accurate recording of transactions.
- Process quarterly VAT returns ensuring accurate submission to HMRC.
- Oversee Purchase and Sales Ledger ensuring timely close-down for monthly management accounts.
- Ensure Purchase and Sales Ledger queries are dealt with in timely and professional manner.
- Ad-hoc finance projects.
- Recently Qualified Accountant
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and providing accurate management information.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department.
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people.
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions.
- Evidence of ability to undertake and deliver projects.