Optionis is one of the UK's leading professional services groups, and we're looking for a Trainee Accountant to join our growing team.
As a Trainee Accountant, you will be aligned with our Nixon Williams business in Blackpool. Nixon Williams are Trustpilot's 'Number 1 Accounting Firm' So, if you're an AAT studier or a recent university graduate with a desire to build a career as an accountant, then we want to hear from you.Responsibilities will include but won't be limited to:
What we are looking for:
- Creating and maintaining client files.
- Producing a monthly profit and loss breakdown from documents provided to you by the client (Premier service only);
- Completing periodic reviews of client's online files to ensure that information is being recorded and allocated correctly (Vantage service only).
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met.
- Drafting personal/company tax returns for client approval, providing advice and guidance to clients where necessary to an early draft stage.
- Preparation/reconciliation/explanation of annual accounts, closure accounts and Corporation Tax computations to an early draft stage.
- Ensuring your clients meet all their filing deadlines, providing reminders to clients where necessary.
- Communicating with HMRC and banking providers.
- Uses good knowledge of technical and professional standards to carry out specific tasks within team.
- Delivers excellent service to internal and external clients
- Works efficiently and understands own role contribution to the success of the business.
What we offer in return:
- A recent Accounting / Mathematics / Finance graduate or someone qualified by experience
- Is currently working towards AAT or holds some ACCA exemptions
- A desire to build a career within practice accountancy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
Why join Optionis?
- Study support towards AAT/ ATT/ ACCA qualifications
- On-the-job training and mentoring from a Team Manager
- Clear career progression and development
- Modern office with a social space which includes a break-out area and pool table
- Birthday day off
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perkbox Membership
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
Optionis is a professional services group specialising in managing tax, employment & accountancy and highly rated within the Top Track 250 Companies of 2019! You'd be joining a team of 650 staff based across 11 locations in the UK, representing brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams and providing a range of market leading solutions to the UK's small businesses and professional contingent workforce sectors.