This is a great opportunity for an experienced Commodity Manager to join a market leading company on a full-time basis for 12 months (fixed term contract), in Stockport. This position is a member of the local UK management team and has responsibility to lead the Procurement function for the UK. It is strategy and project focused, therefore the ability to think calmly, be logical and have effective forward-planning skills are essential. The role will be working remotely for now but will be office based once Government guidance allows.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define short, medium, & long-term strategy for the UK procurement function in line with focal points and local objectives
- Provide leadership to the Operational Purchasing team to enable them to meet personal and business objectives.
- Be a key liaison with Marketing, Sales & Finance
- Support the Innovation Team with all NPD
- Proactively monitor, evaluate, and communicate specific market conditions to the business unit and develop countermeasures as required.
- Lead sourcing activity for a defined set of vendors, recognising the needs of internal customers whilst establishing strategies.
- Identify, analyse, and implement opportunities for supply chain improvements
- Oversee the supplier selection process in conjunction with Product Management
- Evaluate financial status of potential suppliers to minimise risks to the supply chain
- Negotiate commercial terms including but not limited to Price, Lead-time, MOQ, MOV, Supply Agreements, Payment Terms, Rebates, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Drop Ship Agreements
- Vendor management in conjunction with Operational Purchasing & Product Management
- Conduct supplier rationalisation where appropriate
- Oversee the Product Change Management Process
- Ensure accurate cost roll data annually
- Inventory Management - owner of the Inventory Tool
- Responsibility & management of O&E
- Support Product Compliance team, as required
- Approve relevant transactions in line with authority matrix
- Identify & implement opportunities to improve department processes
Key skills and Experience required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Purchasing environment with a track record of high-level accomplishment
- Comfortable switching from strategic to tactical thinking, when required
- Strong team management and coaching experience
- Energetic, passionate & self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, happy with a high level of autonomy
- Practices attentive & active listening with patience to hear others
- Happy to challenge decisions at all levels, when required
- Knowledgeable in general and direct marketing practises
- Experience working for a private company sector and/or eCommerce business
What's in it for you?
Benefits include a competitive salary of up to £50,000 and rewarding benefits package, health and life insurance, pension, annual salary reviews and recognition and discount schemes.