Interim Principal Finance Partner
Pay Rate: Up to £237 per day, pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Lead a team of finance partners to deliver a full range of finance partner support to a portfolio of budget holders and service/product delivery managers operating in a fast-paced, information and technology driven environment.
- Ensuring robust and accurate financial information that adheres to the regular financial cycle of processing and reporting including month end forecasts and annual budgets.
- Supporting and advising budget holders on how to allocate risk appropriately and drive quality, efficiency and value for money.
- Analysis, modelling and management of costing and pricing methodologies.
- Skilled in risk management and analysis.
- Expertise in analysing, interpreting and deriving insight from financial and non-financial reporting including actuals v budgets, forecasts scenario modelling.
- Ability to present, interpret and explain complex and technical financial information and concepts in a clear and concise format, tailoring for finance and non-finance audiences.
- Creating and managing financial controls and assurance processes in accordance with financial standards and audit requirements, and ensuring colleagues such as budget holders are compliant with corporate governance, financial standards and audit requirements
- Ability to work at different levels (high level overview to detailed) to provide effective leadership, input and challenge to budgeting, forecasting and reporting activity.
- Experience of representing your organisation and engaging with external stakeholders including customers and suppliers.
Commercial contract management and negotiation.
- Highly developed knowledge of financial management, reporting and partnering.
- Proven experience of leading expert colleagues in a finance partnering role involving budgeting, reporting and forecasting.
- Analysis, reporting and managing team responsible for financial transactions and scenarios, including accruals, prepayments, revenue, capital, income and expenditure.
- Creating and presenting financial reports to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of leading the delivery of elements of month end, year-end, audit and statutory reports.
- Good communicator and leader, with the ability to use a variety of communication tools to provide guidance, information and insight to help improve financial decision making.
- Ability to process and analyse financial and non-financial information and interpret financial performance such as identifying and explaining variance analysis.
- Experience of partnership working with diverse colleagues to generate, analyse and advise on financial concepts, information and processes, identify the bigger picture, influence decisions and improve financial outcomes
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience of leading a finance partner team (preferably within an information or digital technology organisation).
- Strong IT skills (excel, word, powerpoint).
Knowledge of VAT rules.
Knowledge of government accounting and IFRS standards
Contract Length: 6 months