We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Service Manager to lead the team to deliver outstanding levels of client-care and support. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Mental Health Services in South West London providing housing related support for a wide range of adults with mental health difficulties.Position:
Service Manager - Mental HealthLocation:
Full-time, 39 hours, Monday-Friday (occasional weekends, nights and bank holidays)Contract:
£35,496 rising to £36,348 per annum, after 1 year and successful probationBenefits:
Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans.Closing Date:
29 October 2020, we reserve the right to close this role early if application rates are highInterview Date:
In order to avoid disappointment please apply at your earliest convenience as interviews will be taking place on a rolling basis.
Join a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. This year is the charity's 50th anniversary so it is an exciting time to join! The Role
The service users live within supported accommodation in the community and the dedicated staff team are focused on assisting them to increase their independence, support their recovery and maintain their independence.
The charity's primary aim is to deliver a recovery focused support service that enables service users to integrate further into the local community, support individuals on their recovery journeys so that the lead better and more fulfilled lives while living within the services.
- To take a lead in running a large, complex and exiting Accommodation service in the Mental Health services based in south west London.
- To ensure the delivery of a consistent and high-quality client-centered coproduced service in accordance with the mission statement, values, and strategic objectives of the organisation and within the relevant legislative framework.
As Service Manager you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working with people who have complex mental health issues and leading large mental health services.
- A strong understanding of Recovery approaches and demonstrable experience of co-production method.
- The ability to supervise and line manage a diverse staff team across multiple settings.
- The ability to lead staff to empower service users to make choices and take control of their mental health.
- Service management experience including experience of recruitment, induction, supervision, appraisal, training, disciplinary action and grievance issues.
- Experience of managing a budget and financial systems.
- Demonstrable experience of housing management and leading a wide variety of buildings, liaising with RP's across multiple sites.
- Experience of promoting and developing service user led involvement.
- Excellent knowledge of mental health pathways, multi-agency working, housing legislation, Health and Safety, Benefits legislation and legal services.
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of Mental Health Legislation.
- Excellent understanding of the requirements including data protection to ensure robust information sharing protocols are adhered to.
- Knowledge of the support assessment framework and the development of person centred support plans.
- Understanding of the role of Police, Social Services, Local Authority Housing, Health, and Registered Social Landlords in the delivery of a robust support, care and housing service.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
So if you want to work for an organisation that offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression... apply today!About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Service Manager, Service, Supported Living, Complex Needs, Accommodation Service, Housing, Social Housing, Mental Health, Mental Health Support, Mental Health Support Worker, Mental Health Service, Recovery, Housing Management, Social Service, Social Services, Housing and Health, Social Care, Care and Support, Outreach, Crisis, Refuge.