Mothers for Mothers are looking for a new Trustee with maternal health care expertise.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers for Mothers. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary next year and we are looking to bring in some new ideas and initiatives on board, to ensure the provision of ours services continue for another 40 years.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation supporting women and families affected by perinatal mental illness (PNI) across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
Your skills and experience will add immense value to our Board, as we continue supporting Mothers for Mothers with efficient strategic insight, having a direct impact on the lives of mothers experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Contribute specific skills, interests and contacts, particularly with regard to maternal health and wellbeing
- Engage in regular review of organisational structure, functions and service delivery.
- Ensure that the policies and practices of Mothers for Mothers are in keeping with its aims.
- Formulate and regularly review the strategic aims of the charity with particular emphasis on health.
- Ensure that the charity functions within legal and financial requirements of a charitable organisation and strives to achieve best practice.
- Experience or a background in a senior leadership role in perinatal health care/mental health work or similar.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Have a commitment to the organisation’s mission.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Be committed to preparing adequately for all meetings.
- Willingness to draw on their contacts and networks as appropriate.
Board meetings take place quarterly usually lasting 2 hours in the evenings. Trustees should be available on an ad-hoc basis to support CEO and Staff.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.