3D Designer / Conceptual Artist (Toys) - Guildford, Surrey.
An ambitious 3D Designer / Conceptual Artist is needed to join a leading toy and games manufacturer, who are determined to become a top 10 global toy company in the next 5 years. Expect an exciting and varied role that will see your imagination and conception of toys and games brought to life and played with by children around the world.
With offices across all key international territories, they design and develop products across all major toys and games categories with a renewed focus on creating in house IP supported by digital content. Established 40 years ago, they enjoy creating and nurturing evergreen games and toys including Sequence, Shark Bite, Crayola, AniMagic & Vet Squad, to name a few – pull up a chair and come and join them for some fun and games!
Reporting into the R&D Manager, the Conceptual Artist / 3D Designer will be responsible for creating upfront concept sketches and then turning these into 3D designs of product solutions to help build an amazing brand and product portfolio. You will work in an industry-leading design team producing multiple concept sketches, 3D drawings, renderings and 3D printings ready for internal and external presentations, and release to their Far East team for manufacture. Whether you are brainstorm sketching, utilising your diverse skillset to flip from one project to another or creating CAD for manufacture, it will be your creative flair and passion that adds to their portfolio (spanning pre-school products through to party games) and drives revenue and profit growth.
To qualify… You should be a Concept Artist / 3D Designer / Product Designer / Industrial Designer or similar with as CV that demonstrates:
- Extremely strong and diverse sketching skills;
- You have strong 3D skills from conceptual characters to functional toy design;
- You have a great understanding of developing for 3D printing and for manufacture;
- Solid manufacturing knowledge;
- Strong Adobe application experience;
- The ability to present and interpret brand ideas as commercially sound and viable concepts;
- You are tenacious in solving problems;
- You are highly organised and methodical;
- The ability to work to required time scales and juggle multiple projects;
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills;
- You have a professional maturity with a good sense of humour.
Toy and game design experience is preferred, toy and game enthusiasm is essential!!!!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Concept Artist / 3D Designer to join a growing and vibrant global team who are passionate about creating market leading, memorable and innovative toys and games for all ages.