SEN Teaching Assistant
We are currently looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for a SEN school in Darwen supporting pupils from ages 10 - 19 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
We are interested in hearing from Teaching Assistants who either have experience working with pupils who have additional needs or working within a KS2/KS3 setting. The school are looking for candidates who have an interest in education and passionate about making a difference, along with good communication and able to build strong relationships with both pupils and staff.
Working as an SEN TA will involve:
- Supporting school work and preparing learning resources under the supervision of the teacher.
- Building strong relationships and have strong behaviour management
- Encouraging and supporting the routine that has been set in place for the individual.
- Encouraging the individual's confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- Helping the child understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
- Supporting the individual in social activities and on outings.
If you are interested in this role please apply with your most recent CV.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'