My client, a market leading regional business, is seeking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join them on a permanent basis at their office in Newton Abbot.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the smooth handling of supplier and subcontractor invoices, processing of purchase ledger invoices and sub-contract ledger transactions.Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Purchase ledger - Scan and verify invoices, raise internal/external queries in respect of allocated invoices on a timely basis ensuring that they are actioned/chased on a regular basis.
- Liaise with suppliers in respect of issues arising on payment and administration, answering all enquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensure the timely processing of subcontract transactions.
- Liaise with subcontractors and internal stakeholders to resolve issues and queries.
- Create BACS payments and manual payments as required.
- Issuing payment notices and remittance advices.
- Point of contact for subcontractor queries.
- Request set up of new subcontractors when required.
- Other duties as required by the Finance Director.
- Experience of working in a transactional finance role, preferably in the construction industry.
- AAT qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.