RosythAbout the jobSummaryJoin the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aiders and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers. Our staff, future and current will be guided by the 4 Cs and we encourage you to be curious
and continuously strive for improvement, collaborative
in an inclusive culture, bold and resilient and committed
to Defence, empowered and able to challenge
so you can play a key part in shaping the direction of our organisation.
DIO commits to offer its employees the following experience:
• Meaningful, purposeful work
• The ability to learn and grow
• The right opportunities and resources
• To care about your wellbeing
• To feel valued and included About DIO
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is the estate expert for Defence, supporting the armed forces to enable military capability by planning, building, maintaining, and servicing infrastructure.
Our responsibilities include:
· Plan and deliver major capital projects and lifecycle refurbishment
· Provide utilities services
· Manage soft facilities management (i.e. cleaning and catering)
· Provide a safe place to train
· Allocate Service Families Accommodation
· Procure and manage routine maintenance and reactive repair
· Provide a central register of asset information to advise infrastructure planning
· Act as steward of the Defence estate
· Provide the unarmed guarding service
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions, and we work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman. You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work Job descriptionThe Challenge
Can you work collaboratively with Industry Partners to ensure we offer our customer (UK based Armed Forces) value for money solutions in their many infrastructure capability challenges? This role requires establishing efficient and effective working relationships with our Industry Partners, site based DIO colleagues and other stakeholders to ensure the best workable, pragmatic outcomes are derived and offer value for the property product offered. We work with Army, Navy, StratComm and Airforce
customers as well as those from supply chain logistics (DE&S) providers to ensure that the end users are provided with swift and suitable solutions to their infrastructure needs.ResponsibilitiesMain Responsibilities
The Cost Management team undertake a variety of tasks for the Regional Technical and Operational teams within a matrix managed environment. The successful candidate will work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, providing;
· Early cost advice and 'Should Cost' estimates for new works, repairs and maintenance activities across a diverse range of property types.
· Engaging with Industry Partners and Operational colleagues in the scoping and definition of works and design solutions.
· Evaluation of Industry Partner price submissions and making Value For Money recommendations.
· Supporting day-to-day management and contract administration of the Hard Facilities Management regional contract.
· Pricing expertise in Hard Facilities Management maintenance regimes, including aspects of asset management, property change and regulatory compliance.
· Ad hoc Cost Management advice to the regional DIO Senior Management Team.
All of this within a fast paced, agile delivery organisation.Licences
Full UK Driving Licence - noting regional nature of the role and relative remoteness of some key sites.Qualifications
BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying or ConstructionBehaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Property Profession Professional & Technical Expertise, Practitioner
- Government Property Profession Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making - Practitioner
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right people, at the right time.
We believe that if we look after our people they will be passionate about delivering great things for our customers.
We understand the importance of life outside of work and our industry leading flexible working practices, digital technology and modern workspaces will give you the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
The MOD Discover My Benefits page lists the full set of benefits. Some of the many benefits you will receive include:
· Highly competitive Pension Scheme
· Flexi-time scheme
· Alternative working practices such as working from home
· 25 days annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years' service
· Ability to roll over up to 10 days annual leave per year.
· In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen's birthday
· Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period to for volunteer military or emergency service reserve commitments
· Special Paid Leave for volunteering up to 6 days a year
· Enhanced maternity, paternity and