Are you an experienced Assistant Corporate Accountant looking for a new opportunity? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Service Charges and Nominal Ledger team, which is part of Corporate Finance, are responsible for both the maintenance of the nominal ledger, including the production of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation's and providing financial support to the service charge and leasehold teams in the production of timely and accurate service charge statements and sinking funds.
As our Assistant Corporate Accountant, you will assist in the maintenance of the Nominal Ledger, being part of a small team responsible for the preparation of journals and the completion of Balance Sheet reconciliation's, including the reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
In addition you will be responsible for a number of the service charge statements ensuring they are updated and reconciled in a timely manner. As part of the wider finance team you will help to provide all required evidence for the annual audit of LiveWest Homes and LiveWest Properties. The role involves working closely with other members of the finance teams ensuring transactions are posted accurately and timely so the Balance Sheet reflects the most up to date position of the business.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Assist in producing annual financial statements and detailed working papers.
- Assist in producing accurate and timely management information for one of the subsidiaries of the group.
- Work with your colleagues to respond timely and efficiently to enquiries on all nominal ledger.
- Monthly review and completion of the Balance Sheet reconciliations.
This role is being offered on a full time, fixed term basis for up to 9 months.
To be considered for the role of Assistant Corporate Accountant, you will have had some relevant experience in the preparation of journals and the completion of reconciliations. You should be AAT qualified or qualified by experience and have a good knowledge and experience of MS excel.
Other attributes to include:
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- A knowledge of accounting and financial administration processes.
- Experience of coordinating and delivering of key tasks.
- Experience of using area specific operating systems and software.
- Ability to plan own workload; manage competing priorities whilst maintaining a high quality of work.
In return, we provide a generous entitlement to paid holiday increasing with length of service, a pension scheme, a healthcare cash back plan, and great opportunities and support to develop your career. We also offer free parking and a car share scheme and an onsite cafe.
At LiveWest, we believe in a home for everyone. We own and manage 36,000 homes across the South West, from Cornwall to Gloucestershire.
We take the time to listen to, understand and learn from our customers. We focus on thriving as a business and employer, so we can deliver more homes and even better services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all colleagues. For further information about our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy, please click here.