Systems Team Leader | Wellingborough, United Kingdom | req65688
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team in Wellingborough as a Systems Team Leader supporting and managing all contract systems and IT Hardware.YOUR ROLE
The successful candidate will identify and support the design, development, test and implementation of IT enhancements and projects across all local operational systems throughout the logistics network, all picking depots and outbases. The role entails effective management and development of the Systems team ensuring all targets and deadlines are met throughout the department, whilst satisfying all customer requirements and with minimal disruption to the business.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Responsible for managing the Systems team and organization and co-ordination of the day to day workload to deliver the highest level of support and corporate standards. Leading and mentoring the systems team to achieve personal development, succession planning and business continuity.
- Manage the systems team to support, develop and enhance current systems. Facilitate the modification and expansion of the system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Responsible for the management, maintenance and support of interfaces and non-warehouse management systems including Microlise and True Commerce EDI Mailbox.
- Managing and auditing the maintenance and configuration of all WMS hardware within the contract across all sites. Proactively identify system improvements, cost benefits and provide business case recommendations for new enhancement developments, equipment or software packages to enable business growth.
- Analyse information processing or computation needs and plan and design business requirements to enable system design and technical solution to be defined.
- Taking the project technical lead for high level operational and system projects for both in house and key customer system initiatives. This includes writing test scripts, technical business cases and solution documentation in line with corporate KN I.T standards.
- Accountable for all system interfaces and reporting from the WMS to customer systems including financial daily, monthly and yearly reconciliation file outputs, invoicing & crediting.
- Management of the IT service suppliers and contracts to ensure SLA's are met. This includes attending regular review meetings within the UK.
- The management of WMS support 24/7. This involves being an escalation point with the responsibility for making key decisions to minimise impact to both K+N operations and the customer.
- Strong background in fast moving logistics with experience of supporting large scale operations
- Experience of managing and leading a systems support team.
- Good PC skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good understanding of systems including Microlise
- Strong personal drive and resilience with a proactive approach to management of resources and issues.
- Change management
- Solid knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems including -
-System development and enhancement
-Testing and script management
- Delivering technical projects including:
-Taking the project lead for planning and implementation
-Technical documentation and solution design
-Customer senior level communication and interaction
-Delivering to deadlinesGOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.CONTACT
UK Resourcing Team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91008473