Veritas Education are looking to experienced Residential Support Worker for an immediate full time position in Preston.Location:
Preston Child and/or Adult CareVacancy Type:
Temp to Perm (Full Time Role)Salary:
37. 5 Per Week (Minimum)
Our Client is the UK's leading independent provider of specialist adult care services. Their aim is to provide the right support in the right home for all the individuals then accommodate. When you join our client you'll be part of something special.
Within a community-based residential care settings, as well as a network of supported living services, they support children and adults up to 5 clients who suffer from severe autism, dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) and behaviours that challenge. The home offers a range of residential and nursing care settings for older people with varying levels of need.
The residential home is set in a rural location just outside of Preston, close to motorway and near to local bus stops. These home supports 5 (9- 25 Year old) boys and girls who have learning disabilities and predominantly an autism diagnosis.
The home is looking for a Support Worker to provide care. Both personal care, hygiene and participation in activities are key parts of the Support Worker role. Therefore high energy, excellent communication and organisational skills are vital.
As a Support Worker you will be a key member of the team, working either 1:1 with your client or within small groups. You will be providing high standards of person-centred support and care to the service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible.What we'd like from you:-
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective organisational capability.
- Up to date DBS (Transferable).
- Great team player.
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support.
- Extremely Resilient.
- Strong "can do" attitude.Your Development from day one: -
- Added to a career Path way, outlining where you want to be and what you want to achieve.
- ALL in house training paid for e.g. TeamTeach, Makaton, Pec etc...
- Progression: Support Worker - Line Manager - Senior - Assistant - ManagerYour Key Benefits: -
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART childcare vouchers
- SMART pension optionIf you feel as if the information above is the exact Support Worker role you are looking for, Then please do not hesitate to apply with you most resent CV. I look forward to speak to you soon!
Due to the recent events of COVID-19 and school closures, interviews for positions will be held either online via video link or via telephone. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'