Location - Burnham
Contract - Permanent
Hours - 21 hours
Salary - £8.90 per hour
Age UK's shops are the face of the charity. On highstreets up and down the country our retail staff and volunteers deliver a great shopping experience to customers while generating much needed income for the charity, ensuring we can provide services and support to older people who need it most.
* Proven retail experience
* Helping the Shop Manager drive the success and profitability of the store, covering for management when necessary
* Leading by example, offering excellent customer service levels at all times
* Displaying goods effectively and maintaining the shop's appearance
* Recruiting, supporting and training the volunteers in the shop, as required by the Shop Manager
* Encouraging engagement in the shop and the work of Age UK
* Generate stock donations to meet sales requirements
* Travel within the region where required in the performance of the job, to provide cover in another shop, or for training activities
What we offer in return:
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance - (pro-rata)
* A generous pension - we will contribute up to 6%
* Shopping discounts
* Life assurance and many more...
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.