Do you want to work in a school that is performing in the top 1% of all schools nationally?
This school is the 5th best-performing non-selective school across the surrounding counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. The school came under new leadership in 2017 and within one year is performing in the top 175 schools in the country with a progress 8 score of 0.97.
Reed Education are working to recruit for a newly created role within a girls' school in the Reading area. The role is to start as soon as possible this term on a permanent basis with a salary ranging from £21,879 - £26,081 depending on experience and qualification.
August 2019, saw the school's best-ever exam results:
• 15% of students gained 8 grades 7-9.
• 22% of students gained 5 or more grades 7-9.
• 51% of students gained 8 or more grades 9-4 including English and Maths.
• 74% of students gained 5 or more grades 9-4 including English and Maths.
• 78% of students gained 5 or more grades 9 - 4.
• Every student gained at least 7 grades 9-1.
What makes this school different?
• The pupils - 95% report that behaviour is very good (student survey, October 2019) and 97% feel safe at school (student survey, October 2019).
• New school day - by the time they leave year 11, their pupils will have had the equivalent of six years education in five without reducing school holidays.
• Deeper applied learning - they have longer blocks of learning time that allows them to visit industry or host industry guest to co-deliver lessons.
• Small year 11 class sizes - they reduce year 11 class sizes to 12-15 pupils.
• Integrated KS3 curriculum - paired subjects work together to provide R.E.A.L (Relevant Engaging Active learning) lessons.
What are the school looking for?
Due to the increase in student numbers in September 2019 and again in September 2020, the school seek to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and organised Head of Year, who will help foster a caring and supportive learning environment for the girls.
Your experience of pastoral care will place the students' welfare at the heart of the school. Working as part of the Pastoral Team you will be responsible for agreed year groups and lead on all areas of their school experience.