Empowering Learning are currently working with a special school in Bolton who are currently looking for 2 Learning Support Assistant's (LSA'S)
These are full time positions starting after October half term, with the view to becoming permanent.
If you have experience in working within SEN environments and are looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you!
The Learning Support Assistant's (LSA) main role is to provide support for pupils with special educational needs. The LSA will ensure that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupil's individual learning and social needs.
You will be supporting children of different ages throughout the school, your main responsibilities will be :-
- To provide learning support for pupils in class or in 1:1 situations.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies.
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment across the whole school environment.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.
- To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the post in order to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs.
You must be passionate, nurturing, have experience working in a similar environment and have a great sense of humour, this is a challenging role but extremely rewarding.
This school in Bolton is a non-maintained special school for children and young people aged 3 to 19 years old with special educational needs and disability. Their vision is to "Transform Lives" by ensuring that pupils receive the same learning and social opportunities as other children and young people; which they achieve by providing facilities and a creative curriculum tailored to meet their needs.
With dedicated staff, a unique approach and purpose built facilities; they provide a supportive, safe and happy environment where all children and young people make progress regardless of ability level.
The school is specifically designed to be autism friendly and provides a creative curriculum, specifically designed autism-friendly facilities and a range of complimentary health services and therapies. The school has full Autism Accreditation from the National Autistic Society and provides education for children and young people with a learning or physical disability, a diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition and / or Complex Health Needs.
All pupils have an Education Health and Care Plan and the targets set within these plans.
If you are interested in this fantastic position and feel you posses the relevant skills and experience then please contact Sarah on or email
Empowering Learning is a teacher training and placement consultancy who specialise in the training and placement of both overseas and UK trained teachers. We have ex Ofsted Inspectors, QTS Specialists and ex Leadership Teachers working in the office to support all our staff throughout their journey. Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.