Global Organisation urgently requires a Financial Accountant to join their team on a temporary assignment. The Financial Accountant would be based in Global Services. Global Services has responsibility for providing accounting services analytics and reporting for Finance colleagues in 22 countries across the Consumer EAME region. The Financial Accountant must have a strong background in VAT.
Duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and submission of the countries' Indirect Tax return.
- • Ensuring VA
T postings are correct.
- Working closely with the VAT team in Prague to identify and correct tax postings errors.
- To assist with responding to queries on VAT accounting.
- Complete master data for new material codes
- Complete relevant forms to ensure that master data set ups for VAT are correct.
- Prepare miscellaneous VAT reconciliations and follow up outstanding items;
- To assist with VAT reports, VAT return submission and analysis as required.
- To assist with the management of the month/quarter/year-end financial close process and dealing with issues as they arise
- Assisting with Ad Hoc projects or tasks when required. Compliance Statement:
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve "adequate" internal and external audit ratings.
- Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines. Scope of Role: To carry out all monthly VAT compliance tasks for several entities including analytical VAT transaction-code reviews, preparation and posting of the VAT journals, as well as performing all monthly VAT accounts reconciliations.
The Financial Accountant would have worked within an EMEA or multi-site organisation previously. Minimum two years' work experience in a financial environment, including some exposure to VAT and SAP