We are looking for a highly experienced Senior FPGA Design Engineer with a superb academic record to join a busy and growing R&D Hardware department based just outside Cambridge. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies. A flexible approach is essential, along with the commitment to producing 'right first time' quality products. You will carry out a wide variety of FPGA design tasks as part of a multidisciplinary team. This is a highly successful, international award-winning company who have been established for nearly 40 years. They offer a countryside location with free parking and excellent road and rail links. A very competitive salary can also be discussed.
* Only candidates with 'A' level grades (A or B) plus a degree in Electronics or Physics (or the equivalent) should apply
* 7+ years of significant experience in FPGA design
* Excellent FPGAs/CPLDs skills
* Demonstrable understanding of the principles involved
* Plenty of curiosity and enthusiasm to work in, new areas
* Quality focused
* Awareness of the interaction with other design disciplines (layout, EMC etc).
* Use of Verilog for FPGA design on the full range of families (Actel, Xilinx, Lattice, Altera). Familiarity with other technologies is also beneficial, including: SoC, DSP and microprocessors, precision and video rate analogue design, optoelectronics and power supply design.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 23 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (3 Days to be saved for Christmas), Life Assurance, Pension, Summer BBQ, Christmas and Monthly Staff Lunches
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on or apply online.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.