An opportunity has arisen to work for an innovative and continuously evolving pharmaceutical business within Cambridge. This is a newly created role reporting directly to the MD, therefore experience at conversing at senior levels would be an advantage. particularly as you will be working as part of the Senior Management team. The main purpose of this role is to implement and development a brand new procurement strategy to ultimately maximise efficiency and productivity. This is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to demonstrate leadership within this sector as currently they are without a structured procurement function. Relationship management is key here, as collaboration with internal and external teams will be a daily occurrence.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Negotiating contracts, policies and deadlines with suppliers and vendors
* Manage flows of goods & supplies for optimum production
* Plan & implement the overall supply chain strategy
* Prepare & process purchase orders and purchase requisitions and maintain documentation of the acquisition of goods
* Monitor prices by product and vendor to predict and account for financial fluctuations
You will have the autonomy to make this role your own, and eventually grow a team around you that you will be directly responsible for. The successful candidate will have previous experience in procurement within Pharma or a similar industry. You will be an excellent negotiator and possess strong analytical skills. A MCIPS qualification would be highly advantageous and you will have experience in supplier audits.
To find out more about this newly created opportunity, send your CV in Word format , or call Lucy on (phone number removed)