This exciting new role will be responsible for the sourcing and supply chain optimisation of one of the divisional product categories. Working with the Business Unit Manager, commercial and procurement/product teams, the role will be responsible for leading strategic category management decisions to ensure high service delivery, increased profitability of the core range and maximise on growth opportunities.Client Details
My client is a leading global industrial design and manufacturer.Description
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the product range with a strong commercial focus in corporation with the Business Unit Manager and product/procurement teams across several countries within the division.
- Lead the process of Make Vs. Buy decisions.
- Own the supplier development processes, through dialogue with the suppliers and manage performance based on scorecards and defined KPI's.
- Ownership for tender process (RFI/RFP), either in conjunction with the Global Sourcing team or stand alone, based on the business and range needs.
- Manage multi country suppliers and supplier relationships.
- Leverage suppliers and provide savings based on scale of economy together with our Global Sourcing team.
- Leader of major projects, such as the implementation of buffer stocks at suppliers and consignment stock implementation within our internal manufacturing facilities.
- Take ownership for departmental input into Product Line Simplification processes, financial analysis, and a strive to increase unit profitability.
- Generate ideas for optimising the product range based on Customer Back Innovation findings, where product innovation has "Value Engineering / Value Analysis" as a key factor.
- Category Manager in a similar environment with international sourcing or category knowledge.
- Culturally aware with knowledge of Asian markets.
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or another related field.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- A track record of delivering impactful change in an organisation through implementation of a strategic plan.
- Robust negotiation skills, proven to deliver business wins.
- Great communication skills with a track record in influencing key stakeholders to new ways of thinking to deliver results.
£50,000 - £55,000 + attractive company benefits