Food Technology TeacherPermanentHerne BayStarting Jan 21
Are you a passionate Food Technology teacher who loves working with young people and can excite their learning? Well then look no further as Term Time Teachers are working with a fantastic school in Herne Bay who could be looking for you! The school has a very well-equipped Technology department and they are looking for a new teacher to join their already exciting and passionate team of technology teachers who are taking technology to the next level.
Food is a popular option at the school and over the past few years, there has been an increase in students choosing to study food as such they are looking to broaden their teachers within this field. Students at the school study a broad food curriculum at KS3 which covers a range of increasingly challenging practical dishes. The KS4 course is currently WJEC Hospitality and Catering. The food block is well resourced with equipment and well-kept facilities, there are 2 kitchens and 2 classrooms for teaching both practical and theoretical tasks. You will be joining a very supportive team and as such applications from NQTs are welcome as well as those from more experienced teachers.Key purpose:
About the school
- Set high standards and expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students.
- Promote good progress and outcomes for students.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge, including examination specifications.
- Teach to the highest standard possible.
- To promote a level of learning and children's intellectual curiosity.
- Teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work including homework.
- Provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
- Ensure a high-quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and school procedures, including marking of classwork and homework.
This is a very successful school that serves North Kent. They have a comprehensive intake and are significantly oversubscribed in all year groups. In February 2018 Ofsted rated them good with aspects of outstanding. Whilst academic rigour and examination success is at the forefront of the school's development, they passionately believe that a broad, balanced approach to education is important.Application:Please do apply directly, send your CV to . If this role is not quite what you are looking for, but you would like to discuss alternative roles then please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 01892 676076.Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).