Vocacio are currently recruiting a Management Accountant to join a thriving engineering business based in Derby.
Our client is an established engineering business embarking on a period of growth.
Due to maternity leave we are seeking an experienced Management Accountant for a 12-month fixed term contract. The current incumbent is working until May, but they are keen to extra resource and a lengthy hand over.
As the Management Accountant you will have the following responsibilities:
* Production of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Administer general ledger codes as required to ensure accurate groupings of revenues and costs as required.
* Detailed variance analysis of job performance vs budgeted costs.
* Stock and WIP valuation.
* Administration of pension payments and changes.
* Complete statutory reporting to official bodies including and not exclusive to HMRC.
* Collate and monitor sickness absence levels monthly, ensuring appropriate Company and Statutory sick payments managed.
* Support the Head of Finance with the completion of reports as and when required.
* Administer time sheets, checking for anomalies with employees working hours and follow up with line managers for queries.
* Reconcile all sickness and overtime forms submitted by managers to ensure they are completed accurately and on time, chase managers where inaccuracies occur.
* Ensure all pay-related forms are fed into payroll in good time for monthly cut off
* Processing of other pay-related paperwork to ensure accurate payments to employees.
* Inputting and processing payroll data onto Sage 50 for the monthly pay run.
* Calculate and post payroll deductions.
* Reconcile employee deductions.
* Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors.
* Update payroll records by recording changes including salary increases.
We are seeking an experienced, and proven management accountant to take up a pivotal role during a crucial time for the business.
The Management Accountant will have the following experience
* Fully qualified accountant, with a recognised qualification such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
* Knowledge of Avante, Epicor 10 and Sage payroll is desirable.
* Be an analytical thinker, with excellent Excel skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will have minimum 12 month Fixed Term Contract with a starting salary of £40-45k + Benefits
Vocacio are operating as an equal opportunities employment agency