Demob Job Reference: J4089
Job Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Salary: Circa £25,000 + benefits
Our client is currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer at their site in Preston, Lancashire. The ideal candidate will have a background in dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance.
SALARY IS CIRCA £25,000 PLUS OVERTIME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHIFT PATTERN FOR THIS ROLE IS WORKING MONDAY TO FRIDAY 2PM - 10PM. THERE IS ALSO OPPORTUNITY FOR OVERTIME DURING BUSY PERIODS.
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance of equipment to the required standards.
- Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift.
- Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritised correctly.
- Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications.
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities.
- Provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed systems.
- Work within a team of site technicians and third-party repair companies on their activities on site.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
- Candidate must hold a relevant recognised mechanical/electrical engineering qualification to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
- Multi skilled engineering background.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Understanding of PLC's and their function would be advantageous.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
- Infrequent travel to Europe for product training.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
- Salary Circa £25,000
- Shifts are Monday to Friday 2pm - 10pm, there is also opportunity for overtime during busy periods.
- Pension scheme, Healthcare plan.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Structured Training programme.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with electrical engineering/multi skilled backgrounds