The impact of Covid-19 has affected the educational attainment and well-being of most children and young people. In particular, those from disadvantaged backgrounds have been particularly affected. To address this widening education gap, the government is now funding catch-up tuition for schools.
As a leading provider of individual and small group tuition for schools and local authorities, Fleet Tutors is seeking a Programme Leader to manage our schools tuition provision. The position of Programme Leader is a dynamic role for an experienced member of a senior leadership team. This is a role for someone looking for a new challenge and who is excited by the prospect of a joining a private sector education provider and socially minded company which has extensive experience and an outstanding track record of serving schools and local authorities.
* Programme Leadership- Lead an innovative nationwide education provision, supported by a team of Tuition Coordinators who organise small group and 1-2-1 tuition in core academic subjects, Key Stage 1-4, both in person and online for schools.
* Project management- Work with multiple stakeholders to deliver large education programmes on time and within budget
* Quality assurance of tuition programmes to ensure students make progress and achieved desired outcomes
* Professional development and support of tutors working at schools across the UK to help ensure QA standards met.
* Client liaison- Provide guidance and support to schools when needed, working flexibly with them to deliver tuition programmes which meet student and school needs.
* Client reporting- Ensure contract deliverables are achieved to a high standard and report back to key stakeholders on regular basis.
* Managing assessment, recording, and reporting on student progress.
Skills and Experience required
* Substantial management and leadership experience at a senior level within primary or secondary schools (KS 1-4) or within an established education business supporting schools.
* Demonstrable project management experience from start to finish of a significant new initiative, programme or project.
* Proven track record of delivering significant improvement in outcomes for underachieving young people
* Experience in teacher/tutor training and professional development
* Classroom experience of teaching young people.
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
* Experience in using online educational software and digital media to support classroom learning.
* Previous experience, knowledge and appreciation of the private sector, especially smaller enterprises is a plus
* Qualified Teacher Status
* Degree level qualification