My client is an established payroll provider with more than a decade of experience behind them. they have a proven history as a reliable and revolutionary contracting service and offer services to both UK and overseas contractors.
They have a specialist team with years of experience to look after the individual requirements of their contractors who are working on assignments in Europe. As an Assistant Account Manager in the European Team you will be responsible for a number of contractors in various locations during the length of their assignments.
The primary objective of the role is to manage relationships with our contractors and to ensure they are legally and tax compliant in the country that they are working in, whilst also satisfying their obligations to the UK authorities.
Your strong communication skills will be coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively at all levels.
Previous experience within a payroll environment is essential and any additional payroll/credit control or accounting qualifications would be of advantage (as would international experience)
* Deal with all enquiries from new starters and provide advice on how to register in the respective country they will be working in and how tax is reported and paid
* Set up new starters on the system and apply for necessary documents
* Liaise with HMRC when necessary
* Liaise with the relevant European tax office to address any queries
* Provide illustrations and support to agencies
* Collate timesheets (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) and raise invoices
* Monitor bank receipts and verify amounts against invoices.
* Process payroll in line with bank receipts and workers contracts
* Process expenses in line with payroll and relevant local legislation
* Answer queries on payroll
* Issue P45s when required and ensure all leaver documentation is processed
* Providing updates and reports when required
* General administrative duties including dealing with ad-hoc queries
* Proficient user of IT databases and Microsoft packages
* Experience within a Payroll environment
* Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
* Highly organised and ability to plan and work tight deadlines
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to deal with people of all levels of seniority and background
* Ability to work under pressure to achieve company targets
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Diligent attention to detail
Key Behavioural Competencies
* A positive disposition with the ability able to stay motivated and focused
* The ability to work independently
* Conscientious, honest and trustworthy
* Can adjust to change and be flexible
* Respectful and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Demonstrate sound work ethic and takes responsibility
* Takes an active interest in the Company's brand and vision