Excellent role on offer for an experienced Mechanical / Product Design Engineer looking to join an expanding company where will manage projects from cradle to grave whilst spearheading their revolutionary new product range.
Do you have experience of designing complex plastic parts and castings? Do you have experience of blank sheet design? Are you looking to join a world leading business where you will be instrumental in the design and development of their new range equipment?
This global manufacturer are world leaders within the design and manufacture of special purpose machinery. They are in the process of developing a new product using ground breaking technology for their consumer market and are therefore looking to recruit a Product Design Engineer with a flair for creativity.
This is a newly created role where they have previously outsourced their creative design to consultancies but are now bringing this in-house. You will therefore be responsible for the blank sheet design of specialist equipment utilising motor controls and battery powered products. Working alongside the Mechanical Design team you will utilize a range of skills and design using various processes and materials such as; sheet metal fabrications, rotational mechanisms, injection moulding, vacuum forming, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
This role offers autonomy and a huge variety where you will be responsible for the product design of bespoke special purpose machinery. You will be responsible for the design from specification through to manufacture. You will be required to meet client's offsite as required as well as working closely with assembly and manufacturing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical / Product Design Engineer who is looking to join a stable, progressive company with a good culture and ethos where you will utilise a wide range of skills and help create and develop a brand new range of technically interesting consumer products.
* Product Design of specialist equipment
* Design of plastic injection moulded components
* Design from initial concept through to manufacture
* Liaising with a product design consultancy
* Using Pro Engineer Creo (Training can be provided)
* Working hands on in assemblies and prototype building
* £35,000 - £40,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Benefits
* Product Design Engineer
* Ideally experience with electrical or electronics
* Experience of using 3D CAD
* Experience of designing plastic moulded components
* Must have hands on engineering experience