Senior Accountant - Accountancy Practice - Management Prospects
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant with demonstrable practice experience to join our SJD Accountancy business in Edinburgh
Why join us:
- An opportunity to be mentored by an established Team Manager who can give you the experience and knowledge required to successfully move into a management position
- Study support towards ACCA (inside of work time!) as well as the opportunity to enrol for other relevant professional qualifications
- Quarterly appraisals which give our Accountants the opportunity to fast-track their career
- City centre location and excellent public transport links
- Excellent culture which includes a 'dress down' dress code, additional days holiday for your birthday as well as regular incentives and activities across offices
This is a position that allows an experienced Accountant to acquire operational and leadership experience whilst maintaining their client-facing and hands-on accounting responsibilities. We see this as position that will prepare a high-performing Accountant for a role in team management.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited too:
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, Corporation Tax computations and Self-Assessment Tax Returns for a portfolio of clients
- Supporting a team of Accountants, and a Team Manager, to continuously deliver the agreed level of service
- Training, coaching and mentoring apprentices and Junior Accountants
- Supporting the Team Manager with all operational matters around the teams such as appraisals and disciplinaries
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues
The ideal Senior Accountant will have the following experience/ skills:
- Due to the level of this role it is essential that you have experience within an accountancy practice
- Part-qualified/ Qualified accountant (ACCA/ ATT) or equivalent commercial experience
- Experience of mentoring junior team members
- An understanding of IR35 and an ability to discuss this with clients and colleagues
- An ability to prepare accounts, VAT returns, corporation tax, SATR and payroll
Due to COVID-19 this position will offer remote working and all interviews will be completed via Microsoft Teams. We are looking to interview for this position over the next week so please send your application without delay to avoid missing out!
SJD Accountancy are the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services to contractors and freelancers. It is part of the Optionis Group which is the market-leading provider of accountancy, tax and umbrella employment solutions to contractors and small businesses across a range of sectors within the UK.