Since the global network was founded in 1952 by a family of physicians, the Mundipharma network has always challenged conventional wisdom, and we expect the same from our employees. If you crave the freedom to think and work in new ways, then this is the place for you. Our flat organization allows you to make decisions and deliver results fast, which makes this an exhilarating and exciting place to work regardless of your role.
The Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) will be formed from the Transformation of the Finance teams throughout Cambridge. The main purpose is to provide clear direction and focus and a single hub for all accounting activities in the UK. With a focus on the processes, a desire to leverage improvements across the Finance team. The ability to harmonise systems and processes and a desire to provide career development frameworks for the R2R team.
The Intercompany Accountant, R2R, will report to the Finance Manager of R2R and will manage and be responsible for the end-to-end intercompany process, including reconciliation and agreement of intercompany balances for all IAC's within the remit of the FSSC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with relevant finance teams (globally) to ensure all intercompany transactions are accounted for correctly.
- Raise intercompany invoices as required to meet local statutory requirements and compliance to transfer pricing arrangements
- Verifies and reviews details (both sending and receiving) of intercompany requests received
- Monitors pending Intercompany requests (either Sending or Receiving) and provides status updates to parties who will need to action such requests
- Posts Intercompany journal entries on both sides for cross-company enabled locations and to one location if not cross-company enabled
- Performs preliminary and final Intercompany reconciliations for all locations
- Resolves intercompany reconciling items within month-end reporting timelines
- Recognise intercompany FX in the P&L account and automate the intercompany revaluation process in all appropriate finance ERP systems
- Complete and maintain intercompany account reconciliations, as well as strive to consolidate and reduce the number of intercompany relationships.
- Produce and distribute global intercompany matching reports
- Communicate with overseas counterparties to confirm and agree intercompany balances.
- Provide commentary to the Finance Manager R2R and Financial Accountants on material intercompany differences on both P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Work closely with the Treasury department to review intercompany transactions and balances on a regular basis
- Assist the Financial Accountants in the timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting and outputs
- Drive standard intercompany processes through principles of simplification, standardisation and automation where appropriate
- Timely and accurate account reconciliations of appropriate intercompany Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process
- Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas
- Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned intercompany processes.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
Who we're looking for
- Relevant University degree
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification: Qualified or Part Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Preferable
- Previous experience working within a shared service environment
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
- Commitment and flexibility, poise, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts
- Ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations
- Previous experience working as part of a R2R team within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Other languages preferable
Do you think you could help us see what others don't? Be inquisitive and help us move medicine forward!