EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. A career that will deliver change. Join us and help Britain achieve Net Zero.
Would you like to be part of Nuclear Decommissioning?
We're recruiting for people to join us on the next exciting phase of our journey. We're offering multiple opportunities across a range of disciplines for those who relish working in a commercially-driven environment, on major customer contracts. You could be a seasoned project or programme management specialist working in the nuclear or non-nuclear parts of our business, have skills in commercial management or finance, or are used to working as an intelligent customer for technical disciplines.
The Opportunity Nuclear Decommissioning Programme Manager (Annual Submissions). Barnwood - Gloucester. Competitive salary & benefits. When nuclear stations reach the end of their generating capability they move into the next phase of their lives, which is to remove the fuel and to prepare for decommissioning.
A Highly rewarding opportunity is available for a commercially driven Programme Managers to provide key deliverables in support of the NLF Portfolio of work. Delivery of Decommissioning/Uncontracted Liabilities Plan Submissions (DPS) to the NDA for approval and, delivery of Integrated Plan (IP) and Annual Liabilities Report Part 2 (ALR2 - three year NLF budget) Submissions to the NDA for approval.
Responsible for the delivery of submissions under the NFLA where a strong focus will be on the alignment of contract submissions to requirements from Commercial / Legal / Finance to ensure cost recovery and compliance.
The post holder will be responsible for the following;
- Specification of inputs from all business owners of assumptions and information
- Assurance of the submissions and interface with NLA for their approval
- Integration of the ALR2 annual report containing the three-year estimated cost of discharging the liability into the NLF Portfolio for delivery
- Oversight of the in-year NLF portfolio delivery, i.e. change control, monitoring, reforecasting, contingency release
- Integration and specification of complex financial models to estimate the lifecycle liabilities cost.
- Integration of cost, schedule, Finance systems, and Risk & Uncertainty processes
Post holder will be qualified to degree level in a relevant Engineering, Scientific or Mathematics discipline. Chartered Engineer or similar relevant professional qualification advantageous. MSP (or equivalent) desirable.
- Knowledge and expert understanding of all NG liability management agreements and associated requirements (NLFA, HLFA, OA, CA, etc).
- Strong integration and coordination skills to bring together information from Programmes, Finance, Supply Chain and Stations.
- Excellent document authoring skills and ability to write in a very structured and clear way
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders to obtain information and ensure the appropriate assurance and governance is achieved
- Excellent customer stakeholder management, eg. NDA
- An understanding of portfolio management
- Good financial knowledge - accounting and analysis
- Understanding of nuclear operations and decommissioning desirable
- Understanding of NG corporate policy, strategy, requirements and interfaces associated with decommissioning and liabilities management.
- Experienced programme manager in the delivery of large-scale, complex work, comprising of both investment and operational costs
- Experience of the NG business - centre and stations
- Experience of discussing / presenting / sharing information with regulators or equivalent independent third parties - including NDA.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
Leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we're constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex.
At EDF, everyone's welcome. It's a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we're about the people who work with us - a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that's vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we'll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.Join us and together, we'll help Britain achieve Net Zero.