EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees. A career that will deliver change. Join us and help Britain achieve Net Zero.
Would you like to be part of Nuclear Decommissioning?
We're recruiting for people to join us on the next exciting phase of our journey. We're offering multiple opportunities across a range of disciplines for those who relish working in a commercially-driven environment, on major customer contracts. You could be a seasoned project or programme management specialist working in the nuclear or non-nuclear parts of our business, have skills in commercial management or finance, or are used to working as an intelligent customer for technical disciplines.
The Opportunity Nuclear Decommissioning Business Planning Manager. Multiple locations to include; Barnwood - Gloucester, East Kilbride - Glasgow, Hunterston - North Ayrshire, Heysham - Lancashire, Hartlepool - County Durham or Hinkley B - Somerset. Competitive salary & benefits. When nuclear stations reach the end of their generating capability they move into the next phase of their lives, which is to remove the fuel and to prepare for decommissioning.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish and manage the business planning function for Nuclear Decommissioning as a Business Planning Manager. With the Transformation of EDF-Energy the business planning process has become more complex. This post is needed to assist in planning within the Dual Mission, developing the ND Business Unit budget, maintaining governance processes and ensure good quality information to support effective decision making.
Leading a small team, the role of the Business Planning Manager is to support the MTP & Integrated Planning activities. This creates the operating budget for ND synchronised with the wider planning environment.
- Scope of planning includes collation of all ND functions, programmes, stations when transferred
- Monitoring of ND performance - budget feedback, resourcing feedback, KPIs etc that cover the ND Budget elements
- Facilitation of resource demand and conflict resolution for CTO Functions
- Investment planning and support
Ensure information from the internal Integrated Planning process feeds the appropriate submission and scenario models required under the NLA.
Manage and facilitate the ND Governance processes.
- NDMT meetings
- Formal steering boards
- Budget performance and KPI reviews
- Support Customer Performance Meeting (CTO)
Manage and facilitate the ND risk management process in line with the ENGL procedure.
For this exciting opportunity applicants require an excellent education coupled with strong business acumen. The post holder will have management or equivalent level previously with high levels of strategic awareness is required to proactively and effectively develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of the nuclear operating business
- Experience of complex planning and reporting processes
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate and convey complex information simply at all levels
- Highly numerically proficient - comfortable with complex models and calculations
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills
- Collaborative working behaviours
- Long term strategic thinking capability
- Process development and information flow experience
- IT skills - especially automation of reporting & planning processes
- Insightful personality - sharing a fact-based approach to discussions and decisions.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
Leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we're constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex.
At EDF, everyone's welcome. It's a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we're about the people who work with us - a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that's vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we'll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.Join us and together, we'll help Britain achieve Net Zero.