Accountant | Shrewsbury, Shropshire | Permanent | £25000 - £35000 p/a depending on experience
Seymour John, Shropshire, are working with a stable business in Shrewsbury to recruit for an accountant to support the financial controller.The Company
The business is extremely stable as they operate in the construction sector. The majority of their sales come via. word of mouth and they have a strong pipeline of contracts.The Opportunity
Working as part of a team of 5, you will act as the right-hand person to the FC and you will:
- Prepare management accounts
- Prepare VAT returns
- Cover for payroll on an ad hoc basis, including CIS
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Look after invoicing and recharges
- Oversee the payroll clerk and purchase ledger clerk
- Oversee payment runs on purchase ledger
- Look after accounts for smaller companies in the group.
You will initially be using Sage 50, but the business will be implementing a new system over the next few months which you will be trained on.The Individual
We are looking for an experienced accountant with experience of producing management accounts and processing payroll. Experience within construction or similar industries would be desirable, but it is not essential. We are happy to consider applications from candidates without formal accounting qualifications, but with suitable experience.
For further information please contact Kerry at Seymour John Ltd -