Senior/ Lead DevOps Engineer
Are you a Senior DevOps engineer ready to take charge of the DevOps function? Maybe you are already there but want a new challenge and a fresh start? If you are then my client could have the perfect career opportunity for you.
As a lead DevOps engineer you will manage all assigned DevOps projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements. You will work closely with the solution architects and developers to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solution deployments (incl. production, test and dev environments).
You will need to drive consistent & repeatable DevOps processes & tooling across our application estate. This role will be perfect for a DevOps enthusiast who wants to be a key player in leading the DevOps charge.
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
* A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability autoscaling containerised deployments in AWS
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
* Has demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
Technical & Functional Experience
* Cloud Computing services, specifically Amazon Web Services: EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, IAM, VPCs, Cloudfront, Direct Connect, Cloudformation, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, ALB, NLB, IAM
* Good understanding of Version control solutions, specifically Git/GitHub
* DevOps methods (integration & automation)
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specifically, AWS CodePipeline and CodeDeploy
* Docker Experience, such as writing Dockerfiles, understanding Docker Networking and Service Discovery
* Containerisation orchestration, specifically, ECS and Kubernetes
* Supporting Java software development such as JVM tuning and writing Gradle config
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies SQL, KVS and NoSQL particularly MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis & DynamoDB
* Understanding and Basic scripting in Node.JS, Python and Bash
* Working within Agile teams using Scrum & Kanban or other Lean methodologies
* Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
* Experience working with Java Spring Applications
* Understanding of RESTful and Reactive systems
* Automated test tools, such as Selenium and Cucumber
* Understanding and working with projects adopting 12Factor App, Semantic Versioning and GitFlow
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
As well as the chance to develop your skills and career in DevOps, a competetive salary, generous holiday allowance and pension contribution will make this career move worhtwhile. If you are ready to take that next step in your career then please apply to get the process moving.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy