We are looking for someone with excellent people skills, listening skills and communication techniques to be a great support for the team and customer at our clients retail store in Stapleford. This position is perfect for you if you'll enjoy helping people and get job satisfaction problem solving and managing a team. We'll value your strong people management skills and retail background, while working well as part of our team.
You will have:
- Manage, motivate, train and develop staff in accordance HR Policies and Procedures and relevant employment legislation.
- Manage and implement promotional strategies/activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with Company procedures.
- Plan and implement store merchandising and layout, taking customer traffic flow into consideration, to present the right image and appearance in order to maximise sales, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (HR & Training, Suppliers, Fire Service, Police, Local Council, HSE etc.)
- Manage, maintain and report on Stock Levels of merchandise and non-merchandise stock.
- Ensure all equipment, fixtures and fittings of the store are maintained and in good condition.
- Manage Health, Safety, Security and Emergency systems within the store ensuring staff and customer awareness and in accordance with Company policy and relevant legislation.
- Continuously develop and maintain product knowledge.
- Continuously develop and maintain awareness of competitor activity and pricing strategy.
- Involvement in planning staff rotas.
- Deputise in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Any other duties as directed by the Store Manager.
As a Assistant Store Manager you will have the following abilities:
- Communication - communicates at all levels clearly, listens and involves others in direction and goal setting.
- Team Building - Builds effective relationships with people at all levels, while motivating and energising others.
- Commitment to self-development - Is not limited by previous experience and engages actively in improvement activities.
- Drive and self-motivation - Achieves success with others consistently operates as an example for others.
- Meeting customer needs - Understands the importance of identifying and meeting the needs of external and internal customers.
- Building customer focus - Works consistently to achieve customer focus and improve service standards within the team.
- Performance focus - Uses resources effectively, with a clear focus on critical tasks and the achievement of objectives.
- Decision-making - Analyses situations, makes sound judgements and takes appropriate decisions.
Main Duties/Responsibilities/Requirements: Company/Department Strategy and Plans
- Understands the broad longer-term objectives for the Store.
- Understands and identifies possible problems and risks and seeks help to address them if needed.
Policies, Procedures and Standards
- Understands and takes responsibility for the affect own day to day actions have on the commercial performance of the business e.g. waste, quality, responsiveness to internal and external enquiries, appearance in front of customers
- Takes an interest and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Has a broad understanding and applies those aspects of policy, procedure and standards that are applicable to self and own area of work.
- Is aware of the various methods and measures which exist to monitor compliance to policies, procedures and standards and the risks/consequence of non-compliance.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Develops working relationships with people from other areas of the business.
- Provides services and information accurately and timely.
- Responds to customers in a collaborative and friendly manner always striving to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Takes ownership for work activities, issues and complaints within his/her control, referring those, which are outside their remit to the appropriate person
- Complies with Health, Safety and Environmental Policies as displayed on the notice board.
- Ensures safe working and ensures that their working environment is kept tidy.
- Reports any safety hazards and environment risks within the work area or malfunction of any machine, plant or equipment to the immediate Manager.
- Complies with all written or verbal instructions given to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Uses safety equipment and/or protective clothing as required by the task in hand.
- Reports all incidents to the immediate Manager whether injury is sustained or not.
- Observes the Fire Evacuation Procedure and is aware of the position of all fire equipment and exit routes.
- Understands and takes responsibility for quality.
- Understanding and follows all quality procedures and specifications.
- Reports substandard or unsatisfactory work/products.
- Management/Supervisory experience is essential.
- A strong leader and communicator with the ability to motivate and train others.
- Ideally with relevant experience of computerised stock ordering, merchandising, cash balancing, banking procedures, Security awareness and cost control.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Must demonstrate good literacy, numeracy and organisation skills.
- Computer literate.
So, if you've got the skills to shine in the role of Assistant Store Manager ,
then we want to hear from you today.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/90989803