Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site - works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This role is key to establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, as well as provides a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Record financial transactions for project, department, or company. Prepare financial statements for internal and external use. Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing. Analyse financial performance and forecast longer-term horizons. The management accountant prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that an organisation's management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Management accountant's role is to look to the future. They analyze the performance of a business and advice on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
By managing, reducing operational, production costs, and implementing newer strategies that are more effective. They can work in a specific division or across the whole organization.
The business is in the process of implementing new ERP system (SAP), management accountant will become one of the super users in Wrexham.Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Analysing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts.
- Take responsibility for key balance sheet accounts, ensuring reconciliations are undertaken on a monthly basis.
- To prepare monthly accounts, ensuring that these show a true and accurate view.
- Ensure the sales and cost of sales reflects the final position of the Company at month end.
- Ensure capital expenditure is recorded correctly and in accordance with the company procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of cashflow forecasts. Ensuring that the cashflow is managed effectively and reports produced accordingly.
- Assist and undertaking Stock Takes, reconcile to the ledger, ensuring Stock and WIP is reflected accurately in the system and on reports.
- To provide support to the Financial Controller as required in the preparation of statutory financial accounts, attendance at stocktakes collation of creditor summaries etc. to assist with the financial returns.
- Manage fixed assets register maintenance (disposals, additions & impairment analysis).
- Manage customer paid tooling reconciliation & forecasting cashflow
- Responsible for the KPI and dashboard reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions, make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials.
- SAP super user
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or part qualified
- Experience of working within as a Management Accountant with 3-5 years experience (preferably in the Aerospace/Automotive/Manufacturing Industry).
- Strong impact and influencing skills and total deliver focus. Will have the ability to build close working relationships with colleagues. An excellent communicator with a confident manner. Experience of using Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- 3-5 years' experience supporting finance and accounting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
- Managing processes, data entry management, reporting skills, benefits administration, financial skills and accounting.
- Current working knowledge of SAP will be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to quickly grasp and interpret key business requirements
- A proven track record of forging effective key working relationships
- Ability and drive to work with finance and the rest of the business
- Computer Literate
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience of effective stakeholder management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft packages
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to interact at senior levels within the business
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Ability to solve problems and simplify complex situations
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on data
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible - both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company's vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!