Our Finance team currently has an opportunity for a Stock Accountant to join us in our office in Larbert.
In this role you will manage the Certas Energy Bulk Stock Accounting function including retail and fuel cards. You will also deputise for the Head of Stock Accounting in the day to day operation of the Stock Accounting function, including but not limited to: resource planning, process assurance and performance mapping. Additionally, you will be responsible for the analysis of stock controls and margin reviews and performing the required reconciliations and general ledger submissions.
As a Stock Accountant, you'll have access to:
• Competitive salary
• Annual bonus scheme
• Progression and development opportunities
• Brand discount scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Annual leave buy and sell scheme
We're looking for:
• Fully qualified accountant - at least 2 years PQE
• Strong accounting and analytical knowledge and understanding
• Experience of leading and managing people
• Demonstrable experience of working within a commercial, high volume, multi-site environment governed by FTSE 100 accounting procedures
• Significant relevant experience in an accounting and/or business analyst role
• Advanced system skills including Excel
• A good level of commercial acumen, coupled with a hands-on, positive attitude
• Highly developed communication skills including the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people as well as alone
• Control and compliance minded
• Excellent attention to detail
Certas Energy is the leading independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. With a national network of over 130 depots, over 900 tankers, more than 800 retail forecourts, fuel cards usable at over 2,000 sites, it is our 2,300 colleagues who keep our business moving each day.
Our team is an essential part of the robust infrastructure that consistently and dependably delivers billions of litres of high-quality fuel and associated services to homes and businesses all over the UK each year.
We're proud of our range of innovative fuel supply and management services and are committed to provide industry leading solutions in liquid fuels, as the worlds energy mix evolves towards a zero emissions future. From the option to offset carbon emissions with each fuel order, to providing cleaner burning fuels that lower harmful emission of PM and NOx, Certas Energy strive to make our energy expertise count for all of our customers.
We have a strong culture of safety and compliance principles, driven by our dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing Initiatives. This, teamed with our many programmes of learning, development and talent nurture, means that we can support our colleagues to grow and thrive within a fast paced working environment. This is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to our long-term business success.