Role Profile - Supplier Manager
Role Title Supplier Manager
Business Function Operations
Hiring Manager Head of Operations
Location Wrexham / London
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, we're not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
We're always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference - making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
The Supplier Manager will ensure that all contracts with existing and future suppliers support the requirements of Chetwood, meeting contractual commitments whilst maintaining accurate performance standards across the company. There will be a direct focus upon account and relationship management, governance, facilitation and input into sourcing initiatives for overall process improvement and efficiencies. You'll need to build frameworks and policies around procurement and will be responsible for ensuring the business selects, onboards and manages suppliers in line with policy, regulation and underpinning contracts. Coordination of multiple workstreams in unison will be key for this role to operate successfully, with a strong focus upon solidifying relationships with existing vendors and maximizing opportunities to ensure business objectives are met for optimal performance.
- Define, implement and manage frameworks and policies in relation to procurement, outsourcing and supplier management ensuring compliance with relevant regulation.
- Contract management, working with business owners, service management, legal and risk teams to track suppliers and associated contracts.
- Manage and advise on supplier selection processes and contract negotiations.
- Own the supplier due diligence function, including driving the progress of assessments by internal SMEs, working with suppliers to bridge identified gaps, and securing governance sign-off for supplier engagement.
- Continually review supplier performance and spend, seeking to improve KPIs and value.
- Work closely with other areas of the business including project teams to understand upcoming demand for new suppliers, required adjustments to existing contracts and ensuring suppliers can scale with the business.
- Provide guidance to business areas, ongoing value benchmarking, procurement advice (including input to RFIs/RFPs), and making timely plans for exit/replacement.
Skills and experience
- Procurement experience within financial services, ideally with cloud-based technology providers.
- Experience managing suppliers across the service life-cycle from initial engagement through on-boarding, service operation and supplier exit.
- In a growing business you'll need to be comfortable managing your own work, working independently at times and being the person responsible for procurement.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time. A track record of problem solving and the development of scaleable processes is required.
- Proven ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers.
- MCIPS qualified.
- Educated to bachelor degree level or equivalent.
What we offer
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what we've achieved so far and what's coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the world's first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers' credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an 'Excellent' Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Chetwood Financial Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Chetwood Financial and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void.