For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey.ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are currently recruiting an experienced B2B Credit Controller to join our busy Finance department.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Methodically work through the debtors in a consistent manner to ensure all overdue debts are contacted
- Be able to change your collection style throughout the ledgers due to different clients and key customers
- Review monthly overdue accounts and place on stop if required
- Escalate to the Credit Manager at the earliest opportunity accounts that are problematical or risk a bad debt
- Build effective business relationships with internal and external customers to maximize cash collection whilst minimising risks
- Allocation of customer's payments
- Maintain an accurate collection diary with notes and times of calls. Including details on top level account status for management reports
- Monitor failed direct debits and pursue alternative payment
- Escalate and track progress of queries raised with other departments and within finance
- Produce high quality work volumes and call statistics
- Enjoy working as part of a close-knit busy team
- Attention to detail and great organisation skills
- Be highly skilled in prioritising tasks
- Strong negotiator across all levels considering client and business constraints
- High Level of IT literacy
- At least 2 years' experience working within a similar role.