Our client is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services.
We are looking for talented Tax Assistant Managers with UK corporate tax experience to join us in Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow,
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients. This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all UK offices and our partners in other countries, to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
We have a diverse client base, from mid-market to FTSE listed groups, from public sector to real estate to financial services. The role involve working on clients of all sizes and across a wide range of sectors.
In addition to delivering corporate tax compliance services there are opportunities to be involved in the development of our innovative technology solutions and also to participate in client demonstrations and other aspects of business development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Work with the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle including potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Tax accounting disclosures (FRS101, FRS102, IFRS).
- Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Coaching and technical support for other team members.
Qualifications and skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of review of corporate tax computations and returns.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; tax accounting for single entities and groups.
- Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and corporate interest restriction.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar)