Since the global network was founded in 1952 by a family of physicians, the Mundipharma network has always challenged conventional wisdom, and we expect the same from our employees. If you crave the freedom to think and work in new ways, then this is the place for you. Our flat organization allows you to make decisions and deliver results fast, which makes this an exhilarating and exciting place to work regardless of your role.
The Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) will be formed from the Transformation of the Finance teams throughout Cambridge. The main purpose is to provide clear direction and focus and a single hub for all accounting activities in the UK. With a focus on the processes, a desire to leverage improvements across the Finance team. The ability to harmonise systems and processes and a desire to provide career development frameworks for the R2R team.
The Cost Accountant will work with the various Finance Teams incl. Supply Chain finance to support the pricing and margin calculations and analysis, inventory, and cost of goods accounting. The Cost Accountant will be part of the Financial Accounting team in the FFSC that report to the Finance Manager (R2R).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support the Financial Accountants in the timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting, tax and compliance requirements as required
• Ensure that ERP (Oracle) transfer prices are correctly maintained for the Supply Chain entities and that corrections are made on a timely basis.
• Ensure that ERP (Oracle) third party supplier prices are maintained and updated for MMCL and MDC entities.
• Work closely with other finance colleagues and Supply chain teams to ensure third party supplier pricing and supply chain transfer pricing is accurately maintained in the ERP (Oracle).
• Ensure that the Tech Ops Embedded Finance Analytics team are kept up to date on changes to third party supplier prices.
• Complete the Inter-company Sales and COGS calcs for budget rounds, ensuring correct TP margins are uploaded into Tagetik, that the calculations run correctly and review to ensure accuracy and alignment with actuals.
• Support pricing activity for any business reorganisations with a Supply Chain routing or SKU change.
• Perform new SKU set-up procedures and load adjusted COGS for Tagetik.
• Support the design and implementation of the Transfer Price Tool (PriceRight), working with Tech Ops Embedded Finance Analytics team.
• Support the handover of TP activity from Bermuda to FSSC, working with Tax advisors to ensure correct TP margins are maintained.
• Run transfer price updates using the Transfer Price Tool (PriceRight) as required individually (New SKUs, Changes, Variable pricing orders) and globally on a bi-annual basis. (Continue to complete these manually until the Tool is implemented).
• Work to align the Tagetik and ERP (Oracle) new SKU set-up processes from a pricing perspective.
• Reconcile inventory records with Contract Manufactures
• Provide information required by the parent company to enable calculation of selling prices.
• Collate selling prices as provided by the parent company, coordinate approval of and upload into Oracle, including confirming prices have been maintained in Oracle correctly.
• Run Foundation process and collate supply chain entity sales and cost of sales budget
• Coordinate the bi-annual selling price setting
• Set up pricing for new items in Foundation and Oracle
• Analysis and reporting of monthly invoice prices variances (IPV), and calculation of the Year End IPV provision.
• Any other ad-hoc analysis that is requested.
• Assist the Financial Accounting team to ensure appropriate SLA's and KPI's for R2R processes are met according to agreed accuracy and timelines
• Support the Budget and Forecasting process as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager, R2R and/or the Financial Accountants
• Compiling and providing financial analysis and variance analysis as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager R2R and/or Financial Accountants
• Ensure the preparation of correct documentation for the annual finance audit
• Completion of R2R Standard Operating Procedure manuals to ensure they reflect the most up-to-date processes and controls
• Support & participate in any required testing or design activities as part of IT software upgrades or changes on behalf / alongside FSSC users
• Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
• Work alongside the Financial Accountants to develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLA's with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers.
• Improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
• Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
Who we're looking for
• University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Part Qualified Accountancy Qualification or studying (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Previous experience working within a shared service environment beneficial
• Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure
• Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
• Commitment and flexibility, poise, communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to interact with all levels and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts
• Ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations
• Previous experience working within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
• Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
• Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes
• Other languages (preferable)
Do you think you could help us see what others don't? Be inquisitive and help us move medicine forward!