Engineering Commercial General Manager
A very successful established engineering business is looking for a commercial general manager. Ideally you will have experience of automotive , engineering and preferably electronics
Are you looking for a new challenge to lead and develop a commercial strategy? Reporting to the company directors, the role of the General /Commercial manager will involve you overseeing the factory and working closely with the Managing Director, Sales team and Operations Manager, acting as a conduit between key stakeholders in the business with a focus on commercial and contractual activities.
This new position will allow the role holder to own and build on the strong reputation of the company manage a tight P&L as well as doing a great deal of NPD through sales development business configuration.
With a keen eye for detail and sound commercial mind you will be involved in discussions on existing and new opportunities. This is a wide and varied role so you will be expected to be working across multiple initiatives to drive value, profitability and innovation.Experience
You will have held a senior commercial post previously, ideally in automotive Engineering, the electronics industry, engineering service sector for at least 5 years.Responsibilities
- Maintaining finance disciplines across the site
- Producing detailed financial information including forecasts and budgets
- Driving the profitability of the business, through cost control.
- Reducing financial and operational risks within the business
- Liaising with all stakeholders to improve sales in support of the business
- Overseeing Contract Management - Pre-qualification/feasibility, tendering, governance & contract close
- Overseeing procurement activities
- Sound financial accounting skills
- A strong commercial awareness - you know how to make profit whilst maintaining strong relationships, delivering quality and staying fully aligned to company values
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience of contractual terms and conditions preferred
- An innovator, someone who can lead people
- Effective commercial/contract management skills,
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to converse at all levels.