An R&D fibreoptic laser manufacturing business in Southampton is looking for a Photonics / Optics Team Leader to manage, drive and develop a team of optics engineers and a reliability engineer
* Coach and lead the team with responsibility for managing behaviour, time allocation, resource availability and ensuring continuous improvement of photonic design processes
* Design and develop solid-state lasers from concept to production; document optical, laser and photonic designs and processes so that they can be manufactured, tested and inspected repeatedly
Skills : Optics Team Leader
* This role requires a team leader with a strong technical background in the design and development of Solid-State lasers, diode lasers, fibre optics or possibly free space optics or confocal microscopy or similar
* Excellent team leadership, management, coaching and personnel development skills to support and grow the team, drive training opportunities, manage behaviour and project resource to deliver customer projects
* Strong educational background with an MSc, MEng or PhD in Physics, photonics, science etc
* Proven leadership and product development skills within a fast paced and dynamic manufacturing environment taking a product from concept through NPI, test and into production
If you are team leader, manager in a small business or principal engineer with management responsibilities and an excellent background in Photonics, fibreoptic laser development, please send your CV for a discrete call.
The company offers flexible working, bonus, relocation, private healthcare and pension as well as a supportive and fun working environment.
Commutable from Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Eastleigh etc